Friday, June 20, 2008

POINT OF VIEW POETRY...THE RICHEST MAN

THE RICHEST MAN


It was a sunny morning.
While I was in my garden,
I saw some things in a new light :

I was lying flat on my stomach
Looking at the unkempt grass
Suddenly I noticed that my garden had little diamonds
And rubies, scattered all around !

Being the sceptic that I am, and I am
Not the only one like that !
I dismissed the sight as some
‘mere droplets of dew shining in the sunlight’!

It was true; they were actually dew drops !!

But as my head moved a little
These rubies shone differently !

I was amused so I started to rotate my head, slowly..
And I swear I saw these ‘droplets’ shine and sparkle

...In a riot of colours : silver, green, yellow, blue gold,
Purple and red…

During these fascinating few moments,
I happened to also notice the golden ring
That adorned my middle-aged finger .

This ring, too, shone but I can swear again !
… Not as bright as the little treasure of droplets on my blessed grass !

In this morning light I realised :
I was the richest man on earth !!!

No comments: