Thursday, June 26, 2008

NATURE POETRY....PAINTING OF AN AUGUST SKY




The sky was clear, pale blue, after some showers,
A stray white cloud floated in a corner, a rainbow appeared
And I decided to paint( this glorious sight) !

While I was getting started with my brushes and paint,
The sky , suddenly changed !

The entire blue canvas was now covered with yellow-white clouds,

thickly coated with paint, it seemed.

I had painted these clouds for only a few moments when

these clouds again changed into a thin layer of grey-brown paint !

I mixed fresh colours and was thinning the paint when
Someone quickly put orange yellow streaks on to the now almost invisible clouds !

I took a short breather, thought I will paint the trees first
And let the sky dry out it’s paint !

But while I was mixing green and dark green,
The sky turned red and the trees too, had been repainted !

For hour and a half, I made gallant efforts to paint the open sky
But an invisible painter was painting and repainting…
Putting fresh colour and new strokes…..

…And all I had in the end were
some yellow,
some brown, some red-green
and some wet blue patches
on my painting sheet !


No comments: