Friday, July 25, 2008

Point of View Poetry.....who am I ?

WHO AM I ?
(from bhaskarbenjamin's poetry series)

O my god !
Am I Omar ?

An idea drove home
I may Be Homer !

I shake with fear ,
at the thought.... that I am William Shakespeare!

But are my words of any worth ?
Sometimes I think I am William Wordsworth !

In the game of life I cant win a cent
Often I think I am Van gogh Vincent !

I have often won Oscars... in my dreams that are wild
Who knows, I might have been Oscar wilde !

I paint with a passion, but they never pick me , an ass’ole

Many friends privately agree, I could be Pablo Picasso !

I am earnest, don’t hem or hedge my way
Is it possible that I am Ernest Hemingway !

I am an angel, my calculation is always macro
Admirers believe I am Michael Angelo !

I am a lord and master of estate that is barren
And a thought often occurs, that I may be Lord Byron !

In the ARTY circles, I carry a tag of a bore
But few friends think : I may have been Tagore !

How can this be ? How can this be true ?
That I am all these great men, yet simply bhaskar ...bhaskar who ?

But in me is the seed that will one day bud, Ha!
I shall flower, yes I shall flower, into A Gautam Budha !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your play on words here! Very neatly written! And by the way- I love Oscar Wilde! lol Keep it up, but just be you. ;)

bhaskar benjamin said...

Thanks...will always remenber...to be myself...LOL